Bounce Into 2023 With This Ayurvedic Foot Massage
Feeling relaxed and well nourished comes in all shapes and sizes, ayurvedic rituals are the same and they have multiple benefits for the mind, body and spirit. It helps to balance from your head all the way to your toes.
At Mauli Rituals, we want you to have access to all the wonderful benefits of ayurveda. Our products are designed to give you amazing wonders of old age practices and use them in your everyday routine. In this article, we will show you how to nourish your feet with the best ayurvedic foot massage oils and the abundance of benefits that come with massaging your feet.
What Do You Need For An Ayurvedic Foot Massage?
An Ayurvedic Foot Massage is a great way to relax and surround yourself with amazing essential oils that help to support your sleep health, aid in strengthening your immune system and ease any worry or anxiety that you may be feeling and dealing with.
Focusing on your feet isn’t just about moisturising your feet in time for summer, within ayurveda it can help you recover from emotional or physical pain. This is because your feet are the foundation for anything your body and mind go through, they carry you throughout the day and feel every stressor and bump in the road. The soles of your feet have many marmas which are ayurvedic pressure points and when you focus on these as well as the foundation of your body, it can alleviate stress and help you to find balance.
To get the best out of your ayurvedic foot massage you need to choose the right foot massage oils to align with your dosha. For the Vata dosha then our Surrender Body Oil is great for a foot oil massage as it will help to support you when you need time to relax, decompress from the day and reduce your anxiety levels. Also, it is a great way to calm the mind and body, aiding in you getting a well rested and restorative night's sleep.
If your dosha is Pitta then rub our Serenity Body Oil into the soles of your feet for your foot oil massage. It will help to soothe your body as well as pacify your mood when you're feeling fiery and is great for inflamed skin.
For the Kapha dosha our Spirited Body Oil is great for your foot oil massage as it helps to uplift your energy levels when you are feeling lethargic and tired and can help to balance out low moods.
How To Give An Ayurvedic Foot Oil Massage
All you need for your ayurvedic foot massage is warm oil and clean feet. Applying warm to the soles of your feet is much more relaxing and the warm oil can soak into your skin more easily.
1. Grab your chosen oil, rub it between your hands and gently massage the oil into your foot using circular motions, covering every inch of the foot and ankle.
2. Here you will want to press your thumb onto where the shin meets the top of your foot, slowly dragging your thumb across the top of your foot towards the big toe. Repeat this motion from the ankle to each individual toe. This ensures good blood flow is moving around your foot and throughout the body.
3. Then gently pull each toe away from the foot, almost like you are attempting to ‘pop’ the joint. This helps to remove any stress from the body and feet.
4. Start from the ankle and begin to slide your hand all the way through your foot, to the tip of your toes and repeat.
5. To finish your massage, soak your feet in a warm bowl of water with one teaspoon of salt for however long you like, we recommend 5-10 minutes. This practice helps to draw out any remaining toxins or stress.
What Are The Benefits Of Applying Oil On Your Feet At Night?
Applying oil to any part of your body and massaging it into your skin is soothing and helps to centre your mind and body. The ritual of focusing on yourself is one to be cherished and boosts your overall wellbeing. That is why applying oil to the soles of your feet is an amazing way to decompress, kick back and relax. But waiting to do your foot oil massage till the evening has many benefits for your mind, body and spirit.
Simply focusing on your feet helps to reduce stress, anxiety and muscle tension. When you massage your marma points before bed the soothing sensation and reduction in any negative feelings and tension helps you to rebalance and achieve a more restorative and quality night's sleep.