WINTER WARMING TEA
As we approach kapha season, we may be feeling more sluggish and heavier than usual. Ayurvedic wisdom proposes that what you consume can really help with your mood, partnered with a herbal booster like shatavari to gracefully support hormonal cycles – to nourish, boost energy and shield from emotional stressors.
The main benefits of Shatavari include:
- Balance hormones
- Bring emotional equilibrium
- Boost libido and sexual Drive
- Harmonise the digestive fire
- Calm and strengthen mind and body
Miriam ( @myredcarpetbody) designed this winter tea recipe with the symptoms of winter in mind. Including date syrup to boost B12, perfect for those partaking in veganuary, and shatavari for it's mood and hormonal boosting effects. This is a simple vegan and nutrient dense winter warming, calming drink to help with stress, anxiety and winter blues.
Miriam says "As I was just recently diagnosed with anxiety I have been looking into different ways of dealing with it. I am intrigued by Ayurvedic wisdom and what it has to offer when it comes to anxiety. I already know that regular exercise, spending quality time with my loved ones, reading, and meditation alongside a nutrient-rich diet based predominantly on plants is a great starting point. Seeking a qualified therapist and reaching for a remedy is a little step further towards healing. Shatavari seemed like the perfect remedy for me. Not only can it help with my anxiety, but it can also help to alleviate symptoms associated with ageing and hormonal changes. There is a beauty in every stage of life but, sometimes, we can not fully appreciate it when our mind and soul are clouded with emotional stress. I am excited to include shatavari in my healing process."
You will need:
- Booster: shatavari
- Hemp seed milk (or any nut milk)
- Date syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh ginger (or powdered)
- optional: Hemp seed hearts
- Heat up a cup of hemp seed milk,
- Add a tsp of cinnamon, a tsp of organic date syrup, 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger and
- Cook on a low heat for a minute.
- Turn the heat off, add 1/4 tsp of shatavari (you can gradually increase this to a 1/2 tsp and then a 1 tsp);
- Stir in well and serve with added tsp of hemp hearts.
Sip and relax with a good book.